Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 4...Liz

So...the big news this week is that w eek 4 of our training is officially done! Yes, that's right, as in 1 month of training has been completed, can you believe it??? Woo hoo...doing my happy dance!! If you haven't guessed it, I'm very happy about getting one month of training under our belts. I'm so glad that we are doing this!



Our fourth week went great, walking during the week (up to 3 miles) is easy at this point. Jess and I were tempted to walk more but decided against it and follow the program and focus on our distance walking on Saturdays. This Saturday we kicked it up to 5 miles and since my sister left for DC today, Danny joined us for our Saturday walk. That was interesting...he only asked if we were almost done about 5 times and he almost took out 2 bikers because he was on his scooter and kept weaving in/out of the two lanes of bike/roller traffic. :) After a few "Daniel's!!!" he was fine and the rest of the walk went just fine. Walking in Long Beach is great for our distance training because it's so distracting; there is always something or someone to look at. So all in all, the only bump on the road (and it was a small one) this week was the weather, which was very muggy so it didn't make for the greatest of walking conditions!


In summary, my thoughts as we wrap up the first month are that...

  •  I'm still very excited about this adventure!
  • Looking back at it, the month seems to have gone so fast.
  • Overall, training has gone really well.
  • I love how I feel after each walk.
  • I love, love, love the muscles I'm rediscovering and that are resurfacing!!!
  • I'm glad Jess and I are doing this together.
  • I can't wait for more!
Enough said! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment